A Fractional Healthcare Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) is a way to get CMO-level marketing expertise and strategy in your healthcare organization without having to incur the costs of a full-time C-Level employee. More importantly, we’re healthcare and medical category specific and understand the on-demand perspectives around best practices in patient acquisition, operational marketing strategy, and execution.
Who needs a Fractional Healthcare Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)?
- Mid-Level Healthcare Organizations that employ an existing marketing team needing executive level guidance, perspective, and leadership.
- Medical, Pharmaceutical, and Healthcare organizations who would like an independent, outside perspective on their business and go-to-market strategy and tactics.
- Hospitals and other Healthcare brands who are in-between or planning on hiring a VP Marketing or CMO role yet have an immediate need to start on major go-to-market activities.
A Fractional Healthcare Chief Marketing Officer becomes and extension of your team. They lead the department, set priorities, and take responsibility for the outcomes.
The work includes both strategic elements as well as tactical execution and some of our previous engagements have included:
- Develop a Health System Snapshot – Provide clarity in understanding who is your healthcare organization, what is your Value-Added Proposition and why choose your brand over a competing provider.
- Define Target Audience – Pair qualitative and quantitative data from current metrics and analytics with third-party research firms to build patient personals and consumer behavior profiles of your core market areas.
- Audit Current Media & Marketing – Full media audit of your current paid media spend, social media, Public Relations, outreach activities & sponsorships in addition to all added-value opportunities. This includes reaching out to current media partners and establishing relationships with new vendors.
- Managing Marketing Budgets – Most healthcare organization work within a fixed budget. Let’s distribute this across your campaigns as efficiently as possible by analyzing past efforts, diversifying your total spend, experimenting when appropriate, and dropping mediums that don’t enhance our bottom line ROI.
- Ongoing Marketing Plan – Development of a well-thought-out strategic marketing plan laying out the blueprint for success moving forward. This plan includes goals/areas of focus, how to best accomplish these goals/areas of focus, when to execute the proposed plans, and any other necessary details pertinent to satisfactory implementation of the marketing calendar.
- Content Strategy and Execution – messaging/positioning and mapping content to the entire buying process including the optimal channels to reach target buyers and their touch points along the buying journey.
- Metrics and Measurement – establishing and monitoring key performance metrics like lead growth rate, cost per lead, cost of customer acquisition, and lifetime customer value.
- An Executive Voice – adding independent and impartial go-to-market perspective to the executive management team.
A fractional CMO can help you increase qualified lead flow, build integrated sales and marketing processes, and win more business faster by identifying and removing any friction present in customer acquisition efforts.
Sound interesting? Get in touch with us and we’d be happy to dig into how a fractional CMO could benefit your company.